Monday, May 2, 2016

Treadmill? More like Dreadmill.

 
Welp, here goes nothing...
The treadmill has been killing me the last week or so. No matter what distance I know I am able to do outside for a run, ONE STEP on the treadmill and I'm literally, already "tired." I've been pushing through because I just want to keep ticking away towards my miles for the year (#goalz), but its been brutal. Today I stepped on and thought "I'm not even going to look at the screen. I'm going to run for the length of 5 songs, and whatever I accomplish, that'll be good for the day.
#preach

Well, wouldn't you know, that was enough to do it for me. I was able to just get lost in the music and forget that I was inside running on a belt as I stared out the window at a beautiful day. (Okay, obviously I didn't totally forget that I wasn't out in the perfect 72 degree air, but I did get lost in the music and it was totally fine.) By the time the 5 songs were over, I was close enough to a 5k distance that I went for 2 more songs and got in a solid 3+ mile run. Mental block=defeated.
Get it, gurlllll.

Thats the thing with working out: So much of it is in your head.  You get to these mental roadblocks and they have the power to shut down your body as well. The counting-songs-game might not work every time for me, but its a tool in the belt. Something to pull out when I just can't bear to look at distance or pace. And you better believe Selena Gomez got me through at song number 5 for the win! #cantkeepmyhandstomyself

I mean I could, but why would I want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment