Monday, April 18, 2016

Southwest Seasoning: Tacos, Dressing, Chili, Soups…#ANYTHING!




I love southwest flavors and would put taco seasoning in just about anything to enhance flavors.  We all know the store bought stuff packs way too much sodium to use as regularly as I'd like, so I like to put together a bulk supply of my own seasoning blend to keep in the pantry.  I keep mine salt free and add that as needed based on individual recipes.  I've made a couple notes about salt additions below the recipe.  Let me know what you think!

Mama's Salt-Free Southwest Seasoning
-Bulk Preparation-
Makes about a cup. Store in an air-tight jar in the pantry to use as needed.  Most recipes would use about 2 tablespoons at a time.

1/2 Cup Chili Powder
1/3 Cup Ground Cumin
3 Tablespoons Coriander
4 teaspoons Onion Powder
4 teaspoons Garlic Powder
4 teapoons Paprika

*Salt:  For about every 2 tablespoons of this seasoning, I would add about 1teaspoon salt to recipes, but I prefer to add it at the time of cooking so its only on an as-needed basis.

Use it to make Heathy Southwest Ranch Salad dressing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment