Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Good ol' fashioned chicken noodle soup. In 10 minutes.

As the temps start to drop, I get excited for the crockpot and all the roasted veggies. But to be honest, some of the stuff I am most looking forward to (chili, stew...), it would be shocking to me if my kids ate it. I always do my due-diligence and require they take a bite of new things. (They are not otherwise allowed to say they don't like it.) Sometimes the bite is all it takes to make a fan, sometimes they still aren't interested. In any event, they still need to eat, and mama is a vegetable pusher.


So one of my favorite ways to push veggies is with a batch of good ol'fashioned chicken noodle soup. But it also needs to be fast. So I have been making a 10 minute chicken noodle soup that is loaded with veggies and every person in my family asks for seconds. Mama's pusher-dreams come true.






10-minute Chicken Noodle Soup
Serves 4-6

6-8c low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth (add more if you like once the noodles are al dente)
1c Frozen corn
1/2c frozen peas
1c sliced carrots (i have been using fresh because I always have them on hand but frozen would work just fine)
2c chopped broccoli (another veg I almost always have fresh on-hand, but save the chopping step and use frozen if you like!)
2c uncooked noodles (I'll use whatever I've got but whole wheat rotini is a good go-to. Bonus points for using Banza chickpea noodles - in soup my kids don't notice a difference)
2t Flavor God Garlic lover seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
2-3c No salt added, rotisserie chicken, chopped

Add broth to medium saucepan and turn heat the medium-high. Add all veggies. Once broth is at a boil, add uncooked pasta and seasoning. Cook until al dente, about 8min. In the last few minutes of pasta cooking, add chicken. Serve. (I throw an ice cube in each kid's bowl so I can save my breath cooling it down for them and still eat mine warm! Magic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment